Have you chosen New Zealand as your study destination? Yes? We recommend the city of Auckland. A great city, climate and places to study!
Located in the North Island of New Zealand, Auckland is the largest and most populated city in the country with a population of 1.5 million.
Its stunning beaches and crystal blue water (Orewa beach, Pakiri beach, Piah Beach…) just a few kilometres from the city are, without doubt, ideal places for water sports lovers.
What not to miss…
- Visit the Auckland Museum
- Practice one of the many water and land activities in its stunning natural landscapes.
- Taste the delicious cuisine at exclusive restaurants such as Plume Restaurant
- Spend a nice shopping day in Chancery and High Street, in the malls or in one of its many street markets.
- Contemplate the amazing scenary and the animal life , both water and land animal.
- Visit the New Zealand maritime museum
- Attend the annual events and festivals where you will spend unforgettable moments.
The fantastic climate in Auckland allows you to enjoy warm and pleasant temperatures in any season of the year.
Summer runs from December to February with temperatures of 23 degrees in January and February, and winter is from June to August with an average temperature of 14 degrees.
Some interesting facts
Auckland is located in a volcanic area with around 50 underlying volcanoes throughout the city.
Rangitoto Island has the youngest volcano and has become one of the most visited places because of its amazing views. A short ferry ride takes you to Rangitoto Island whose wild nature will make you enjoy a day full of adventure.
If you like heights, you will be able to enjoy a unique view of Auckland´s city from the 328 metres of the Sky Tower. In New Year´s Day, the Sky Tower celebrates a firework show broadcast globally being New Zealand one of the first countries to welcome the New Year.