Live, Study and Work in Perth, Western Australia
Perth is the capital of Western Australia and it´s located in the west coast. It´s a multicultural and cosmopolitan city, safe and clean with a population of 1.9 million inhabitants, which makes it the fourth most populous city in Australia.
The metropolitan area covers more than 30 locations, including Fremantle, Bayswater, Canning, Stirling, Gosnells, Nedlands, Peppermint Grove, Claremont, Victoria Park and Armadale. It´s divided into several districts: Central Business District, West Perth, Northbridge, East Perth and Crawley.
What not to miss…
- Enjoy an excellent wine in the Swan Valley
- Spend a day shopping in the boutiques and shopping centers in Murray and High Street
- Visit Perth International Arts Festival
- Go for a walk and breath fresh air in Kings Park, one of the most beautiful parks in Australia
- Visit some of its best entertainment venues and restaurants.
- Enjoy a nice day visiting some Perth Exhibitions
- Practice sport while exploring its amazing natural landscapes
The city of Perth stands out for the brightness of it’s skies, on average 9 hours of light per day and so it goes without saying, that it’s the sunniest capital in Australia.
In Summer, the average temperature reaches 29ºC and the month of February is the warmest month of the year. During the winter months, between June and August the average temperatures are around 12ºC.
See the weather in Perth.
An interesting fact…
The city hosts The Perth Mint, the oldest National Mint in Australia, in operation since 1899. Located in Hay Street, it also produces gold, silver and platinum coins.
Another interesting fact about Perth is its growing mining industry which has provided big benefits to the city, resulting in the highest per capita numbers of millionaires worldwide!